The successor to the CR-3A (produced from 1990 to 2001), the LANGEVIN CR-2001 is our entry model cardioid capacitor microphone, very handy for recording just about anything. The capsule is the same as his bigger brother, the Manley Reference Cardioid, but the CR-2001 runs off standard 48 volt phantom power having an all-discrete amplifier circuit employing very low noise transistors and selected FET's instead of tubes. (Well, this is a less expensive mic!) In that spirit, the metal parts are sourced overseas to keep the cost down for ya'll but all assembly, detailed soldering, and most importantly, attentive quality control processes are performed at our USA factory right alongside the Manley mics. As you have come to expect from Manley, the Langevin CR2001 carries a FIVE year warranty like all our gear. Two switches provide for -10dB pad attenuation and bass roll-off (high pass filter). The CR-2001 comes complete and ready to record with its sturdy shock mount and custom carrying case.
STATUS: DISCONTINUED 6/2006
Why? Too much competition in the low cost Chinese mic arena is why we killed off production of these mics. When you can buy two [I won't name names] fully-Chinese-made mics for a RETAIL price less than what the same Chinese factory charged us for metalwork, carrying case, and same capsule, with no electronics for one mic that we had to build and test with USA labor, and install our electronics/parts into then I give up...
We'll keep on in our specialized more upscale market with our Manley Reference Cardioid and Reference Gold mics. People still appreciate the real difference those mics deliver.
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Difference 0 degrees and 180 degrees: > 12dB @ 300Hz-3KHz
- Frequency Range: 40 Hz - 16 KHz
- Source Impedance: 200 Ohm ± 20% (1KHz)
- Min Load Impedance:>1 k Ohm
- Max SPL for 0.5% THD : 122 dB 25 pa@1KHz
- Max SPL with -10dB PAD: 132 dB 79 pa@1KHz
- High Pass Filter: 6 dB per octave @ 100 Hz
- S/N ratio Ref. level 1 pa: 67 dB
- Maximum Output: 300 mV
- Power Supply (DIN 45596): 48 V ± 4 V (Phantom)
- Current Consumption: 2 mA
- Weight: 18 oz.
- Body Diameter(for suspensions): 1.75"
- Dimensions: Mic is total 8" long
- Shipping Weight: 5 lbs.
Specifications subject to change because they just might.